Narmada River Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Madhya Pradesh Government has launched five months long Narmada Seva Yatra to turn the Narmada river pollution free. It was launched by Chief Minister Shivraj Singh Chouhan at Amarkantak.
The Narmada Sewa Yatra aims to create awareness about the conservation of the river. It is one of the biggest public campaign of the world to conserve river and environment.
- All the villages along the river will have Narmada Sewa Samiti. These samitis will take follow up action on measures to be undertaken for its preservation.
- Trees will be planted along the banks of the Narmada. Participation of public and society will be ensured in it. It will cover more than 1,900 kilometres in 16 districts.
- Districts and villages along the banks of river will have facility to treate sewage water before it discharged into the river.
- The yatra holds religious, social and scientific importance of the river to create awareness about its conservation.
Tags: Environment • Madhya Pradesh • Narmada River • Narmada Seva Yatra • River Conservation
Madhya Pradesh government has appointed Rakesh Sahni as the Chairman of Narmada Valley Development Authority (NVDA).
He is IAS officer of 1972 batch and had retired after serving post of chief secretary of States. After his retirement he also served as the Chairman of MP Electricity Regulatory Commission.
Narmada Valley Development Authority (NVDA)
- It is a multidisciplinary organization of the Madhya Pradesh State Government headquartered at Bhopal.
- Constituted for planning water resources development in Narmada basin and expeditious implementation of projects.
- NVDA has jurisdiction over the major water resources development projects in the Narmada River which is 5th largest river in India and largest west flowing river of Indian peninsula.