Narsingh Yadav Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Indian wrestler Narsingh Yadav was banned from all competitive sporting events for four years by the Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS) based in Lausanne, Switzerland.
He was banned by CAS following an appeal by World Anti-Doping Agency (WADA) as there was no evidence to accept his claim that his food was spiked by banned doping substance.
With CAS ruling, Yadav’s suspension begins immediately and he will not be able to participate in the 2016 Rio Olympics. He had qualified for the 2016 Rio Olympics in the 74 category of freestyle wrestling event.
- In July 2016, Narsingh Yadav had tested positive for banned substance steroid in an out-of-competition test conducted by the National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA).
- He had tested positive for methandienone, a banned anabolic steroid which increases protein synthesis, muscle strength and glycogenolysis over a short space of time.
- In August 2016 he was given clean chit by NADA by accepted his claim of sabotage in doping case.
- However, WADA had filed an urgent application before the CAS ad hoc Division to challenge the decision of NADA.
About Court of Arbitration for Sport (CAS)
- CAS is an international quasi-judicial body established to settle disputes related to sport through arbitration.
- Its Headquarter is located in Lausanne (Switzerland). Its courts are located in New York, Sydney and Lausanne.
- According to rule 61 of the Olympic Charter, all disputes in connection with the Olympic Games can only be submitted to CAS.
- Since 2016, an anti-doping division of CAS was given full authority to judge doping cases at the Olympic Games. It had replaced earlier mechanism of the IOC disciplinary commission.
Tags: Doping • NADA • Narsingh Yadav • Persons in News • Sports
The National Anti-Doping Agency (NADA) has given clean chit to wrestler Narsingh Yadav in the doping case. With this he can participate in 2016 Rio Olympics.
Narsingh Yadav was given clean chit after the NADA disciplinary panel exonerated him from charges of violating anti-doping rules of NADA.
It was found that the wrestler was a victim of sabotage done by a competitor and there is no fault and negligence on Narsingh Yadav’s part in case of doping.
- Narsingh Yadav had tested positive for a banned anabolic steroid methandienone in the out-of-competition doping tests conducted by NADA.
- Both of his test samples were tested positive for methandienone after they were collected at the National camp in Sonepat, Haryana.
- After this incident, he was replaced by Parveen Rana to save India’s quota in 2016 Olympics in the 74kg freestyle category of Wrestling.
Metandienone (C20H28O2): It is an orally active anabolic steroid that binds and activates the androgen receptor. It increases protein synthesis, muscle strength and glycogenolysis over a short space of time. It is popular among bodybuilders.