NASSCOM Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN), the global internet body and and Indian apex body for IT industry NASSCOM (National Association of Software and Services Companies) announced collaboration for working in developing standards and identifier technology that will feed into the global consultation for managing Internet-of-Things (IoT) devices and infrastructure using internet.
Under the partnership, both ICANN & NASSCOM will 1st focus on updating Internet of Things (IoT) devices using domain name system (DNS) even in situation when manufacturer or supplier has closed down the business.
The collaboration will provide a structure for both bodies to jointly identify research projects, predominantly in new technologies related to internet’s system of unique identifiers. The research project undertaken will look at directing people who are looking to update their IoT to other manufacturers/vendor in case if original vendor has closed down his business.
First Project: 1st research project undertaken focuses on testing the use of DNS to update IoT firmware and studying how proposed technology could scale outside a lab environment.
Project Team: under collaboration includes ICANN technical experts, NASSCOM’s Centre of Excellence-IOT team, Indian Institute of Technology (IIT) Hyderabad team and participants from Education and Research Network (ERNET) of India.
The teams have already begun research on DNS and Internet Protocol version 6 (IPv6) in context of Internet of Things (IoT) in 2018.
It is nonprofit global organization that is responsible for allocating IP addresses, managing domain name system (DNS) and also overlooks all internet plumbing on behalf of governments, universities and companies, as well as public.
It is often dubbed as phone book of internet as it matches domain names with appropriate IP address numbers.
Although this global multi-stakeholder organization was created by United States (US) government but since March 2016, ICANN is no longer overseen by US government and has roped in now into the hands of lesser known organisation that will have a number of countries on board.
Tags: Domain Name System • Education and Research Network • ERNET • ICANN • IIT Hyderabad • Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers .ICANN • Internet of Things • Internet Protocol version 6 • IoT • IPv6 • NASSCOM • National Association of Software and Services Companies
WhatsApp and National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom) have decided to work together to impart digital literacy for curbing the menace of fake news before the general elections.
Fake News are the stories which appear to be news, spread on the internet or other social media, usually created to influence political views or as a joke.
Imparting Digital literacy to Curb Fake News
- WhatsApp and NASSCOM Foundation will train nearly 1,00,000 Indians to spot false information and provide tips and tricks to stay safe on WhatsApp.
- The training curriculum involves real-world anecdote tools that can be used to verify a forwarded message and actions that users can take including reporting problematic content to fact checkers and other law enforcement agencies will be disseminated in multiple regional languages.
- The training is aimed at educating people throughout India to be mindful of the messages they receive and to verify the facts before forwarding.
- The training will be imparted by volunteers from NASSCOM Foundation through “each one teach three” campaign that mandates every volunteer to share their learnings with three more persons leading to a network effect.
- Further to enhance the reach of the campaign volunteers will post their takeaways from the workshops on their social media handles.
The initiative is aimed at eliminating the miscreants who entice anger and hatred by spreading false and doctored information through technology platforms like WhatsApp.