National Association of Software and Services Companies Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
WhatsApp and National Association of Software and Services Companies (Nasscom) have decided to work together to impart digital literacy for curbing the menace of fake news before the general elections.
Fake News are the stories which appear to be news, spread on the internet or other social media, usually created to influence political views or as a joke.
Imparting Digital literacy to Curb Fake News
- WhatsApp and NASSCOM Foundation will train nearly 1,00,000 Indians to spot false information and provide tips and tricks to stay safe on WhatsApp.
- The training curriculum involves real-world anecdote tools that can be used to verify a forwarded message and actions that users can take including reporting problematic content to fact checkers and other law enforcement agencies will be disseminated in multiple regional languages.
- The training is aimed at educating people throughout India to be mindful of the messages they receive and to verify the facts before forwarding.
- The training will be imparted by volunteers from NASSCOM Foundation through “each one teach three” campaign that mandates every volunteer to share their learnings with three more persons leading to a network effect.
- Further to enhance the reach of the campaign volunteers will post their takeaways from the workshops on their social media handles.
The initiative is aimed at eliminating the miscreants who entice anger and hatred by spreading false and doctored information through technology platforms like WhatsApp.
India has launched its third IT corridor in China. The corridor will facilitate partnerships between Indian and Chinese companies. National Association of Software and Services Companies (NASSCOM) entered into a partnership with China’s Xuzhou city from Jiangsu Province in China to help develop the IT corridor.
- IT corridor facilitates partnerships between Indian and Chinese companies by enabling Indian software and service industry associations to enter the Chinese market and seize the development opportunities in China.
- The corridor facilitates will facilitate match-making between Indian companies wanting to collaborate with companies in China looking to adopt digital transformation from verticals such as manufacturing, retail, automotive, healthcare and utilities and help them create innovative product and solutions in the co-create mode.
- The corridor will help create more jobs in China and India and facilitate talent transfer between the two countries.
- The earlier two corridors launched at Dalian and Guiyang cities has brought to fore opportunities with over 300 companies where more than 10 Indian SME companies have signed deals worth 31 Million RMB (USD 4.5 million).
- The first two corridors had enabled cooperation in co-create mode in the emerging technologies such as AI, IoT and Analytics in the Chinese market.
IT corridor project between India and China strengthens India-China Digital Cooperation by leveraging the respective strengths in hardware and software to build innovative products and solutions in Co-create mode.
Tags: Automotive • China • Dalian • Guiyang • Healthcare • India-China • IT Corridor • Jiangsu Province • Manufacturing • NASSCOM • National Association of Software and Services Companies • retail • utilities • Xuzhou