National e-Governance award 2014-15 Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Jammu and Kashmir (J&K) has been selected for National e-Governance award 2014-15 for its best district level initiative in the country.
J&K state has been selected for this award by Department of Administrative Reforms for its e-Panchayat project.
This award will be presented during 18th National Conference on e-Governance to be held at Gandhinagar, Gujarat on January 30-31, 2015.
- J&K’s e-Panchayat project was shortlisted among 53 nominees for spot study which was done by PriceWater Coopers Ltd and officers of Department of Administrative Reforms of PMO in November-December 2014.
- Finally it was is selected by the by jury headed by Secretary Administrative Reforms and conferred after approval of Prime Minister who heads Ministry of Personnel, Department of Administrative Reforms.
J&K’s e-Panchayat project
It was launched in 2013-14 for strengthening 147 panchayats in the state.
This project provided platform for a decentralized regime of panchayats in the state by shifting the service delivery from block level to panchayat level.
National e-Governance award
It was instituted in 1997. It is given by Department of Administrative Reforms.
Purpose of the award
- It recognizes the achievements in the area of e-Governance.
- It seeks to disseminate knowledge on effective methods of designing and implementing sustainable e-Governance initiatives.
- Encourage incremental innovations in successful e-Governance solutions.
- Promote and exchange experiences in solving problems, Mitigating risks, resolving issues and planning for success.
It should be noted that J&K state has bagged this award for first time in 18 years since award was instituted.