National Museum Current Affairs - 2020
Ministry of Culture has released National Museum Research Bulletin Number 10: Special issue. The bulletin was revived after gap of 16 years. It also has released Sindhu Ghati Sabhyata:Ek Parichay, a Hindi version of An Introduction To Indus Valley Civilization which among the bestsellers at National Museum.
National Museum Research Bulletin
The bulletin has number of research paper that highlight collection, display and education aspect that National Museum engages with. It has been illustrated by colored photographs, some of which belong to reserve collection of national museum to make it appealing to wider audience.
The research bulletin will help to generate awareness about activities of National Museum. It will help to renew interest of people and inspire them to engage in conversations about national museums pivotal role in public sphere.
Sindhu Ghati Sabhyata : Ek Parichay
It is Hindi version of An Introduction To Indus Valley Civilization which among the bestsellers at National Museum, New Delhi. It is co-authored by Dr. Sanjib Kumar Singh and Dr, Gunjan Srivastava and Rajesh Kumar. This book throws light on the splendor of the Indus Valley Civilization. It will benefit students, scholars, artists, historians, museum professionals and art lovers among other readers
Tags: Ministry Of Culture • National • National Museum • National Museum Research Bulletin • New Delhi
Former Archaeological Survey of India (ASI) official Dr. Budha Rashmi Mani was appointed as Director General (DG) of National Museum.
He was appointed by the Appointments Committee of the Cabinet (ACC) presided by Prime Minister Narendra Modi. He will have tenure of 3 years or till attainment of age 70.
About Budha Rashmi Mani
- Budha Rashmi Mani is retired as Additional Director General (ADG) of the ASI in 2015. He is BHU (Banaras Hindu University) alumnus and holds PhD on the Kushanas.
- During his 30 archaeological career, he led excavations in Haryana, Delhi, Uttar Pradesh and Jammu and Kashmir.
- Earlier in 2003, he had led the excavation team in the disputed Ramjanmabhoomi-Babri Masjid site in Ayodhya.
- He is also serving as the General Secretary of the Indian Archaeological Society (IAS). He edits the journal Puratattva of IAS.
About National Museum
- The National Museum is also known as the National Museum of India.
- It is one of the largest museums in India. It functions under the Union Ministry of Culture.
- It was established in 1949 and is located at Janpath and Maulana Azad Road, New Delhi.
- It holds variety of articles ranging from pre-historic era to modern works of art. It has around 200,000 works of art, both of Indian and foreign origin, covering over 5,000 years.