The Union Ministry of Tribal Affairs is going to launch “Vanjeevan”, the National Resource Centre (NRC) for Tribal Livelihood issues in Bhubaneswar, Odisha.
It will be launched in collaboration with UNDP and National Scheduled Tribes Finance and Development Corporation (NSTFDC). Besides, NRC website and e-knowledge platform on tribal livelihood will also be unveiled.
- Vanjeevan in the first phase will identify the problems in livelihood issues in select districts of six states having low Human Development Index (HDI) of tribal people.
- The programme will focus on the identification of local resources, keeping in view the existing skill level.
- It will facilitate utilization of funds under various Government programmes for the above purpose.
- It will be implemented in Assam, Gujarat, Madhya Pradesh, Rajasthan, Odisha and Telangana in the first phase.
- In the second phase the programme will be implemented in the states of Arunachal Pradesh, Jharkhand, Chhattisgarh, Maharashtra, Meghalaya and Tripura.
National Resource Centre (NRC)
NRC will serve as a platform for livelihood mapping, skill gap analysis. It will be knowledge hub for providing consolidation of best livelihood and entrepreneurship models for the tribal entrepreneurship development.