National Rural Livelihoods Mission Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The World Bank will provide a $250-million loan for the National Rural Economic Transformation Project (NRETP). National Rural Economic Transformation Project is a new sub-component under the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) of the Ministry of Rural Development.
National Rural Economic Transformation Project
- NRETP supports enterprise development programmes for rural poor women and youth by creating a platform to access finance including start-up financing options to build their individual and/or collectively owned and managed enterprises.
- The project also involves developing financial products using digital financial services to help small producer collectives scale-up and engage with the market.
- It also supports youth skills development, in coordination with the Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana.
- The key focus of the project is to promote women-owned and women-led farm and non-farm enterprises across value chains, enabling them to build businesses that help them access finance, markets and networks; and generate employment.
The $250-million loan from the World Bank has a 5-year grace period and a final maturity of 20 years.
Tags: Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Grameen Kaushalya Yojana • Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana • Ministry of Rural Development • National Rural Economic Transformation Project • National Rural Livelihoods Mission • NRETP • Rural Poor • World Bank
The Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs is organising a fortnight of events named Shehri Samridhi Utsav all over the country with an aim to extend the outreach of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) to the poorest of poor and the most vulnerable.
Dayal Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana (DAY) aims to uplift the poor folks by enhancing sustainable livelihood opportunities through skill development. Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana integrates:
- National Urban Livelihoods Mission(NULM): It is the urban component of the mission and is being implemented by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation.
- National Rural Livelihoods Mission(NRLM): It is the rural component of the mission and is being implemented by the Ministry of Rural Development.
Implementation of (DAY-NULM)
The DAY-NULM has taken following initiatives during the tenure of present government:
- 34 lakh urban poor women were organised into self-help groups.
- Subsidised loans have been provided to over 8.5 lakh individuals and
- Over 8.9 lakh candidates have been skill trained and certified and over 4.6 lakh have been placed.
- 16 lakh street vendors have been identified through a survey and half of them have been given identity cards.
- More than 1,000 permanent shelters have been set up, creating space for more than 60,000 urban homeless
Other Initiatives announced
The Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has also announced the following new initiatives
Safety net survey
For identify eligible SHG members who are not covered by government programmes.
Shehri Sahabhagita Manch
For regular meetings of the officials of urban local bodies with SHG federations for easy resolution of local issues and identifying gaps in extending basic services in urban poor settlements.
Tags: Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana • National Rural Livelihoods Mission • National Urban Livelihoods Mission • NRLM • NULM • Safety net survey • Shehri Sahabhagita Manch • Shehri Samridhi Utsav • Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs