Naval Prototype 2 (NP2) of LCA Tejas Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Naval Prototype 2 (NP2) of indigenously developed light combat aircraft (LCA) Tejas undertook its successful maiden flight in Bengaluru, Karnataka.
This successful maiden flight is considered as significant milestone in the India’s indigenous carrier borne aircraft development programme.
NP2 in its successful flight test showcased its arrested landing and ski-jump take off.
Key facts about Naval Prototype 2 (NP2) of LCA Tejas
- Naval variant LCA Tejas has a complex landing gear design, which is significantly different from the Air Force version of LCA.
- It is designed and developed by the public sector aeronautics company Hindustan Aeronautics Limited (HAL)
- The NP2 addresses several systemic deficiencies observed in the progress on flight test of Naval Prototype 1 as it is incorporated with most advance avionic hardware components to operate with Navy.
- It is customized for a carrier landing and aided with Levcon Air Data Computer, Auto-throttle, external and internal Angle of Attack lights for carrier landing.
- NP 2 is also incorporated with arrestor hook integration, Derby Beyond Visual Range missile and tactical data link for landing on carrier.