NBCC (India) Limited Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
State-owned construction firm NBCC (India) has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) with Department of Sports under Union Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports (MYAS) to provide Project Management Consultancy for development of National Sports University at Imphal, Manipur. The approximate cost of project would be Rs.400 crore.
About NBCC (India)
It is a Central-owned Public Sector Navratna Enterprise. Its operations are spread across India & Overseas.
It was founded in 1960 and is headquartered in New Delhi.
NBCC is organized into 3 market focused segments-
- Project Management Consultancy (PMC)
- Engineering Procurement & Construction (EPC)
- Real Estate
About National Sports University (NSU)
It is a sports university in Imphal, Manipur. The foundation of National Sports University was laid down by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on 16 March 2018. However, the University is presently functional from its temporary campus at Khuman Lampak Sports Complex of Imphal.
The University, once developed, will be the first one of its kind to promote sports education in areas of sports sciences, sports medicine, sports technology, sports management, and sports coaching.
NSU will have the flexibility to open new schools or departments in consonance with the advances and developments in sports science, sports medicine, as well as allied areas. It will also function as national training centre for selected sports disciplines by adopting best international practices.
Tags: Imphal • Manipur • MoU • National Sports University • NBCC (India) Limited
Lt. Governor of Delhi Anil Baijal, inaugurated the Sahara Naval Hostel for the ‘Veer Naris’ at Vasant Kunj in New Delhi.
About Sahara Hostel Project
- It is a unique Hostel project for Naval Widows or Veer Naris.
- Objective: It aims to provide rehabilitation of Naval Widows and their families in period immediately after unfortunate demise of their husbands serving the Indian Navy.
- The Naval Regimental System office has also been co-located at hostel premises for easy onsite assistance to occupants of Sahara Hostel.
- Project By: The project is steered by Indian Navy and has been built in Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) partnership with National Buildings Construction Corporation (NBCC). NBCC is a Government of India (GoI) Navratna Enterprise that provides civil engineering construction services.
- The Hostels are comprised of compact suites equipped with all necessary amenities for dignified living, along with a common Dining Hall and a Community Hall.
- Eligibility: Widows who have completed required period in Government accommodation after demise of their husbands only those are eligible to apply for staying in hostel for a period of one year.
- Extension: for staying beyond this period will be considered based on availability and merits of case.
- Importance: The hostel addresses a long term need felt towards rehabilitation of Naval ‘Veer Naris’ and also provides them a safe and secure environment which will help them rebuild their lives.