NDMA Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The disaster relief exercise ‘Exercise Rahat’ will be demonstrated in Jaipur, Kota and Alwar in Rajasthan on Feb 11-12.
About the Exercise
The important aspects related to the ‘Exercise Rahat’ are:
- On behalf of the Indian Army, Jaipur based Sapta Shakti Command will conduct the Joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief Exercise, Exercise Rahat.
- Exercise Rahat is being conducted in coordination with NDMA to synergise efforts for humanitarian assistance and disaster relief operations.
- The joint exercise will see participation from Armed Forces, National Disaster Management Response Mechanism (NDMRM), State Disaster Management Authority of Rajasthan and District LMAs.
- The exercise will be conducted simultaneously in three places, beginning at Jaipur in the form of a tabletop exercise and at Kota and Alwar.
- During the exercise, on-ground capability and coordination amongst various stakeholders will be demonstrated.
As a prelude to the exercise, a curtain raiser has been organized at Jaipur Military station on 4th February 2019.
The central government has launched Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskaar annual awards to recognise the excellent work done by individuals and institutions in the country in the field of disaster management.
The award has been instituted with an aim to recognise the efforts of individuals and organisations who have been working assiduously to alleviate the human suffering caused by disasters.
About the Award
As per the statement issued by the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) three eligible institutions and individuals will be given the ‘Subhash Chandra Bose Aapda Prabandhan Puraskaar’ every year with cash rewards ranging from Rs 5 lakh to Rs 51 lakh. Only Indian nationals and Indian institutions are eligible for this award.
If the awardee is an individual, the person shall receive a certificate and a cash prize of Rs 5 lakh and in case the awardee is an institution, it will be given a certificate and a cash prize of Rs 51 lakh and the prize money will be utilised for disaster management-related activities only.
For the year 2019, the award would be announced on January 23, 2019, the birth anniversary of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose.