NDMA Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
International Workshop on Disaster Resilient Infrastructure was organised at Delhi by the National Disaster Management Authority (NDMA) in collaboration with United Nations Office for Disaster Risk Reduction (UNISDR), and in partnership with the Global Commission on Adaptation, United Nations Development Programme and the World Bank.
International Agreement for Disaster-Resilient Infrastructure
Sendai Framework for Disaster Risk Reduction (SFDRR), 2015-2030
The agreement is the first major agreement of the post-2015 development agenda which identifies investing in Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR) for resilience and to build back better in reconstruction as priorities for action towards reducing disaster risk.
Sustainable Development Goals
Goal 9 of the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs) recognizes disaster resilient infrastructure as a crucial driver of economic growth and development.
Objectives of the Workshop
- Identify good practices of disaster risk management in key infrastructure sectors.
- Identify specific areas and pathways for collaborative research on DRI (Transport, Energy, Telecom and Water).
- Discuss and co-create the broad contours of the Coalition for Disaster-Resilient Infrastructure (CDRI) as well as a notional roll-out plan for the next three years.
- Build a forum for members to work on areas of common interest and make specific commitments.
The workshop brought together countries from different parts of the world, multilateral development banks, UN agencies, academia and research institutions, the private sector, academics and policy think tanks to discuss and collaborate on promoting policies and practices towards achieving disaster resilience of large infrastructure systems.
Tags: Disaster Resilient Infrastructure • National Disaster Management Authority • NDMA • Sendai Framework • Sustainable Development Goals
The disaster relief exercise ‘Exercise Rahat’ will be demonstrated in Jaipur, Kota and Alwar in Rajasthan on Feb 11-12.
About the Exercise
The important aspects related to the ‘Exercise Rahat’ are:
- On behalf of the Indian Army, Jaipur based Sapta Shakti Command will conduct the Joint Humanitarian Assistance and Disaster Relief Exercise, Exercise Rahat.
- Exercise Rahat is being conducted in coordination with NDMA to synergise efforts for humanitarian assistance and disaster relief operations.
- The joint exercise will see participation from Armed Forces, National Disaster Management Response Mechanism (NDMRM), State Disaster Management Authority of Rajasthan and District LMAs.
- The exercise will be conducted simultaneously in three places, beginning at Jaipur in the form of a tabletop exercise and at Kota and Alwar.
- During the exercise, on-ground capability and coordination amongst various stakeholders will be demonstrated.
As a prelude to the exercise, a curtain raiser has been organized at Jaipur Military station on 4th February 2019.