Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Museum Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The 76th anniversary of Azad Hind Movement was commemorated at Red Fort, Delhi. The Union Minister of Culture and Tourism Shri Prahlad Singh attended the celebration. Last year PM Modi attended the celebrations unveiling the plaque to commemorate the 75th Anniversary of the formation of Azad Hind Government.
The commemoration of the event also saw the presence of the Secretary General of the INA trust, its members and other higher officials from the Ministry of Culture.
Azad Hind Movement
The Provisional Government of Free India or Azad Hind was established in Singapore in 1943. It was supported by the Japanese Empire, Italian social Republic, Nazi Germany and other allies. The purpose of the movement was to ally with the Axis Powers to free India from British rule.
The movement was established by the Indian Nationalists in exile during the later part of Second World War. The movement was founded on October 21, 1943 being inspired by the concepts of Subhash Chandra Bose.
Tags: Azad Hind Fauj • Azad Hind government • Indian National Army • Nazi Germany • Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose
The ‘Azaadi ke Diwane’ museum dedicated to the unsung heroes of the country’s freedom struggle was inaugurated at the Red Fort premises.
Azaadi ke Diwane Museum
- The Museum is built by the Archaeological Survey of India (ASI).
- The Museum pays homage to hundreds of freedom fighters who do not find mention in popular culture.
- The Museum has attempted to document these unsung hero’s contributions to India’s Freedom Struggle.
- The Museum pays tribute to the selfless sacrifices of the revolutionaries, brave women freedom fighters and valiant children.
- The Museum is part of Kranti Mandir Series to inspire the younger generation and to let them know the cost of freedom that the great fighters achieved by sacrificing their lives.
- Azaadi ke Diwane is a digitised and interactive museum with a state-of-the-art, informative and educational exhibition allowing the visitors to engage with the exhibits through multi-sensor technology.
Kranti Mandir Series
Kranti Mandir is India’s tribute to the revolutionary zeal and courage of the great freedom fighters. Other Museums which are part of the Kranti Mandir series are Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose Museum, Yaad-e-Jallian Museum and Museum on 1857- India’s first war of Independence were inaugurated by the Prime Minister Narendra Modi on the eve of Republic Day.