New Delhi Declaration Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The BRICS nations have adopted the ‘New Delhi Declaration on Education’ to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and promote life-long learning opportunities for all.
The declaration was adopted at fourth Meeting of BRICS Education Ministers Conference held in New Delhi. It was attended by Ministers of Education and assigned representatives of BRICS nations viz. Brazil, China, India, Russia and South Africa.
- Reiterates commitment to Sustainable Development Goal (SDG4) which aims to ensure inclusive and equitable quality education and the Education 2030 Framework for Action.
- Initiate actions to formulate country-specific targets within the broader scope of the SDG4.
- Integrate the SDG4 related targets with sub-national and the national level education sector development plans and programmes
- Build capacity at the subnational and national levels for measuring and monitoring progress towards SDG4 and corresponding targets using the indicators adopted by the UNGA.
- Share the best practices available in BRICS nations on collaboration in education, innovation and research through the BRICS Network University (BNU).
- Organize annual conference of BNU in country of current BRICS Chair. Encourage participation of more universities in BRICS University League to collaborative research and facilitate student mobility.
- Strengthening coordination within the BRICS TVET Working Group to develop national reports and share experience related to workforce demands and supply of skilled personnel.
- Information and communication technologies (ICTs) will be used for improving access to education, teacher development, enhancing quality of teaching-learning process etc.
- Developing a nodal institution within each country and also institutional network to share ICT policies, e-resources, including e-Libraries and Open Educational Resources.