New Delhi Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Government has cleared the construction of Rs 30,274 crore Regional Rapid Transport System (RRTS) to connect the national capital with Meerut through Ghaziabad. The RRTS would enable to cover the 82 kilometre-stretch in less than 60 minutes by high-speed and green public transit.
The project would be undertaken by a Special Purpose Vehicle the National Capital Region Transport Corporation (NCRTC) as joint ownership of the Centre and State Governments with equal contribution.
Regional Rapid Transport System
Regional Rapid Transport System (RRTS) is a rail-based high-speed regional transit system. RRTS will be implemented for the first time in India in the New Delhi-Meerut stretch. It aims to provide the fastest, comfortable and safest mode of commuter transport in the National Capital Region (NCR). Of the total 82.15 Kms stretch 68.03 kilometers would be elevated and 14.12 km would be underground.
Benefits of RRTS
- The RRTS trains will reduce pollution and road congestion taking more than one lakh private vehicles off-road.
- Provides efficient regional connectivity.
- High speed mobility will also drive balanced socio-economic growth with increased economic activities and will improve the quality of life of citizens.
- 18 kilometers stretch between Modipuram and Meerut South stations on the RRTS infrastructure will meet the local mobility needs of citizens of Meerut.
Delhi-Ghaziabad-Meerut RRTS corridor is first of the three prioritized corridors planned for implementation in Phase-1 and other two are Delhi-Gurugram-Alwar and Delhi-Panipat Corridors.
Tags: Ghaziabad • Meerut • New Delhi • Public Transport • Regional Rapid Transport System
The Union Minister for Textiles, Smriti Zubin Irani laid the foundation stone of a Hastshilp Complex in New Delhi. The complex would be named after Deendayal Upadhyaya as Deen Dayal Antarashtriya Hastshilp Bhawan.
How this Complex will help the Artisans?
- The complex will provide space for awardee artisans on a rotation basis and preference will be given to differently abled artisans. This would help in increasing the reach of the Artisans.
- The complex will also house a separate research wing to carry out on endangered crafts and new and emerging handicraft products and markets.
- The Hastshilp Bhawan will house 23 shops meant for artisans, one showroom for artisans from SAARC countries, one kiosk, five galleries and one conventional hall.
- The complex will provide better accessibility to the artisans coming from all over the country and SAARC nations.
- The complex will bring different offices of handicrafts which are situated at different places currently to one location.
- The complex will also house dormitory facilities for handicraft artisans from all across the country.
The construction of the Hastshilp Bhawan is being undertaken by NBCC at a cost of Rs.113.56 crores and the construction is expected to be complete in 18 months.
Tags: Deen Dayal Antarashtriya Hastshilp Bhawan • Deendayal Upadhyaya • Handicraft Artisans • Handicrafts • Hastshilp complex