Nida Fazli Current Affairs
Renowned Urdu Poet and well known Bollywood lyricist Nida Fazli passed away in Mumbai, Maharashtra following a heart attack. He was 78 years old.
He was best known among singers and fans for his elegant presentation of ghazals, nazm and dohaas.
About Nida Fazli
- Nida Fazli was born on 12 October, 1938 in Delhi in a Kashmiri family and was the son of famous poet Murtaza Hasan Baidi.
- At the time of partition, his parents had migrated to Pakistan while he preferred to stay in India.
- Later he shifted to Mumbai and wrote in Dharmayug and Blitz magazines in early days of his career.
- His poetry used both urban and village landscapes to explore nature and human relations. He also had written several songs for Indian films.
- He has 24 books to his credit in Urdu, Hindi and Gujarati languages. Some of his books are assigned as school textbooks in Maharashtra.
- Famous works: Lafzon ke Phool (collection of sher-o-shayari), Mor Naach (collected works) in 1978, Mulaqaten (character-sketches), Aankh aur Khwab ke Darmiyan, Safar Mein Dhuup to Hogi, etc.
- His most acclaimed shers: ‘Duniya jise kehte hain jaadu kaa khilona hai, Mil jaaye to mitti hai, kho jaaye to sona hai’.
- His popular film songs: Tu is tarah se meri zindagi mein (Aap To Aise Na The), Aa bhi jaa (Sur) and Hosh waalon ko khabar (Sarfarosh) etc.
- Awards and Honours: Khusro Award, Best Poetry Award from Maharashtra Urdu Academy, Hindi Urdu Sangam Award, Sahitya Akademi Award (1998).
- He also had won Bollywood Movie Award – Best Lyricist (2003), National Harmony Award and Padma Shri (2013).
- He also had received the Mir Taqi Mir award for his autobiographical novel ‘Deewaron Ke Beech’.