Niti Ayog Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
A Two-day Yoga Mahotsava which will be a Curtain Raiser for upcoming International Day of Yoga (IDY) 2019 was inaugurated by Shri Rajeev Kumar, Vice-Chairman, NITI AYOG at New Delhi. He also presented theme for IDY 2019 as ‘Yoga for Heart’.
- Objective: To sensitize the masses for celebration of IDY 2019, this will be observed on 21 June.
- Organised by: The Yoga Mahotsav-2019 is being organised by Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY) under Ministry of Ayurveda, Yoga and Naturopathy, Unani, Siddha and Homoeopathy (AYUSH).
- Significance: Yoga teaches us to live with nature rather than conquering it which makes the Indian Philosophy of ‘Vasudhaiv Kutubkam’ possible and promotes harmony and peace across globe.
- Apps Launched: On the occasion Ministry of AYUSH announced two Applications elated to International Day of Yoga 2019-
- Yoga Locator– which is specially designed for IDY to record and show Yoga events across the world.
- Bhuvan App – which has been designed in collaboration with Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO). It will provide geo time location and documentation during IDY 2019.
- Sessions: in a two day Yoga Mahotsav-2019 several special sessions were also organised-
- Know about Yoga – for the Yoga enthusiasts, in this session historical, medical and educational prospects of Yoga will be discussed with participants in detail.
- My self-experience in Yoga-A Motivational Journey – is an exclusive session which is being held seeing the participation of huge number of youngsters, an exclusive session.
- Celebrity Sessions – is specially scheduled session.
International Yoga Day is one of the biggest mass movement for health and wellness. In today’s world natural and traditional medicine system is flourishing not only in India but across the globe. Therefore, Ministry of AYUSH strives towards research and development of yoga, Ayurveda and other natural and traditional medicinal systems. The need is also to popularizing the yogic culture through the medium of social media.
Tags: Bhuvan App • Indian Space Research Organisation • ISRO • Ministry of AYUSH • Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga
Government’s Think tank Niti Ayog has agreed to the proposal of the Dental Council of India which had sought to allow dentists to practice as general physicians after a bridge course.
The proposal was in the backdrop of the call by the Prime Minister’s office to explore unconventional methods to address the shortage of doctors in the country, particularly in rural areas.
Proposal of Dental Council of India
The Dental Council of India had sent a similar proposal to the Medical Council of India last year. The proposal sought:
- A bridge course of 3 years post Bachelor of Dental Science (BDS).
- The admission would be either through a common entrance exam or through cumulative marks secured in the BDS course, or even a combination.
- The syllabus curriculum, scheme of examination, method of evaluation, degrees and registration all these criteria will be the same as recommended for MBBS.
IMA opposes the Proposal
Indian Medical Association has vehemently opposed the proposal. Stating the figures the IMA has said that 63,250 MBBS graduates come out of 494 medical colleges every year and India has only 23,729 post-graduate seats. Unemployment among medical graduates is a cause for concern. The IMA has called the policy has flawed.