Noise Pollution Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Ministry of Environment, Forest & Climate Change (MoEFCC) for the first time notified new environment standards for Gensets running on various kinds of fuels including LPG, petrol and diesel in various cities.
The primary aim of the new standards for Gensets is to control air and noise pollution emanating from the operation of Gensets.
These standards were recommended by the Central Pollution Control Board (CPCB) after consultations with industries and other stakeholders.
Key highlights of Notification
- In all the three fuel modes of operation of Gensets, a three-tier classification has been adopted.
- These standards will control the air and noise emission profile across different category of Gensets.
- It would be revisited in 4-5 years once air and noise emission quality data and technological details pertaining to Gensets are available.
- Under these standards certification is mandatory for Gensets in terms of ‘Type approval’ and ‘Conformity of Production’ for air emission as well as noise emission.
- The manufacturers of Gensets are required to obtain the certification for engine products by empaneled agencies which help in regulating the unorganised sector.
- It will also help curb illegal import of Gensets in the country which were observed to have higher air and noise emission values.