North East Development Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The first buyer seller meet on horticulture and agriculture produce for the state was held in Arunachal Pradesh. It was organized by APEDA-Agricultural and Processed Food Products Export Development Authority, Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Highlights of the event
- International buyers from 7 countries participated in the meet. It includes Nepal, Bhutan, Indonesia, Bangladesh, Oman, UAE and Greece.
- The products of Arunachal Pradesh that were showcased in the event were fruits, large cardamom, Kiwi, Mandarin oranges, pineapple, organic products, spices, flowers and king chilly.
The event aimed to promote agricultural products of Arunachal Pradesh. It also aimed to facilitate market linkages for agricultural exports from NER (North Eastern Region). It also acted as a platform for the B2G and B2B meetings of international importers and exporters and the farmers in the NER.
The event was a great opportunity for the producers of the NER, especially Arunachal Pradesh to explore new opportunities of horticulture and agriculture.
Around 75% to 80% of land in Arunachal Pradesh is still unexplored. The state is blessed with 5 types of agro-climatic zones. It has great potential for horticulture crops
Tags: Agriculture • APEDA • APEDA act • Arunachal Pradesh • Ministry of Commerce and Industry
Defense Minister on November 14, 2019 addressed at the 11th Maitree Diwas in Tawang, Arunachal Pradesh. During his address, he announced several new plans of the government to develop the region
Government new plans
- Government plans to set up a North East Industrial Corridor. It will help create job opportunities for the people in the North East
- The Arunachal Corridor, in specific will act as a bridge between India and South East Asia
- The corridor will help boost employment opportunities and promote trade and tourism
- Government is implementing the “Act East Policy” through development of North East India
- Hollongi Airport is to be set up near Itanagar. Also, three major strategic railway lines are to be established
- Government plans all weather connectivity to the local population. The connectivity will also facilitate the movement of armed forces.
- The plans are to be executed by 2024.
Maitree Diwas is a 2-day socio-military cultural program that is jointly organized by Tawang Civil Administration and Indian Army. The program is organized to celebrate special relationship between the people of Tawang and the Indian army. This year, the theme was
Theme: Know your army.
The objective of the event is to encourage the youths to join armed forces