Northeast Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Arunachal Pradesh became the first state in the northeast to implement e-Cabinet solution for the state cabinet members.
It is a powerful governance tool that will be used to streamline its decision-making process. Using this system, state cabinet members can access the cabinet notes before the meeting.
- The e-Cabinet system is being implemented by the state department of Information Technology and Communication.
- Entire business of the Cabinet can be conducted using the e-Cabinet solution. It will help ministers prepare for cabinet meetings, conduct them and review minutes, entirely without paper.
- The e-Cabinet solution will provide remote access to the ministers to view Cabinet notes and at the same it will be circulated in advance for proper analysis and feedback.
- The system has a multi-user secure solution that keeps relevant information organised and updated in real time, giving a clear overview of each item under discussion to ministers.
- Its adaptation will reduce average length of the cabinet meetings present from 4-5 hours to just 30-90 minutes and eliminate the need of printing and delivering thousands of pages of documents.
A deep water port built in Myanmar’s Sittwe by India is ready to be commissioned. Thus, open Kolkata-Mizoram trade route via Myanmar.
The Sittwe port is starting point for the Kaladan Multi Modal Transit Transport Project in Myanmar.
Once shipments arrive at Sittwe port from Kolkata, they will be transferred to smaller freight carriers which would sail upstream into Mizoram.
- Provides alternative route to India to ship goods to the landlocked north-eastern States.
- Significantly lower the cost and distance of movement from Kolkata to Mizoram and beyond.
- Reduces dependency on only route narrow strip dubbed as the Chicken’s Neck in West Bengal, sandwiched between Bhutan and Bangladesh.
- India has piped post Chinese endeavour to create a deep-sea berthing infrastructure and SEZ at Kyaukphyu in Rakhine.
Sittwe is the capital of Rakhine State situtated in south-western Myanmar. It is located at the mouth of the Kaladan river, which flows into Mizoram in north-eastern India. The work on Kaladan Multi Modal Transit Transport Project was conceived in 2010. Construction of the sea port is the first phase of an integrated $500-million project being funded by a long-term interest-free loan provided by India.