NRLM Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs is organising a fortnight of events named Shehri Samridhi Utsav all over the country with an aim to extend the outreach of Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Urban Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NULM) to the poorest of poor and the most vulnerable.
Dayal Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana
Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana (DAY) aims to uplift the poor folks by enhancing sustainable livelihood opportunities through skill development. Deen Dayal Antyodaya Yojana integrates:
- National Urban Livelihoods Mission(NULM): It is the urban component of the mission and is being implemented by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation.
- National Rural Livelihoods Mission(NRLM): It is the rural component of the mission and is being implemented by the Ministry of Rural Development.
Implementation of (DAY-NULM)
The DAY-NULM has taken following initiatives during the tenure of present government:
- 34 lakh urban poor women were organised into self-help groups.
- Subsidised loans have been provided to over 8.5 lakh individuals and
- Over 8.9 lakh candidates have been skill trained and certified and over 4.6 lakh have been placed.
- 16 lakh street vendors have been identified through a survey and half of them have been given identity cards.
- More than 1,000 permanent shelters have been set up, creating space for more than 60,000 urban homeless
Other Initiatives announced
The Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs has also announced the following new initiatives
Safety net survey
For identify eligible SHG members who are not covered by government programmes.
Shehri Sahabhagita Manch
For regular meetings of the officials of urban local bodies with SHG federations for easy resolution of local issues and identifying gaps in extending basic services in urban poor settlements.
Tags: Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana • National Rural Livelihoods Mission • National Urban Livelihoods Mission • NRLM • NULM • Safety net survey • Shehri Sahabhagita Manch • Shehri Samridhi Utsav • Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs
Reserve Bank of India (RBI) has asked banks to provide loans up to Rs 3 lakh at 7 per cent interest rate to Women Self-Help Group (SHG).
This loan scheme must be provided under the National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM)-Aajeevika scheme during 2015-16.
- The revised guidelines on interest subvention scheme under NRLM have been issued after approval from the Union Ministry of Rural Development.
- Under this loan scheme, an interest subvention on credit up to Rs 3 lakhs at 7% per annum will be provided. All women SHGs will be eligible for it.
- However, SHG availing capital subsidy under Swarnjayanti Gram Swarojgar Yojana (SGSY) in their existing credit outstanding will not be eligible for benefit under this scheme.
- All banks will be subsidised to the extent of difference between the weighted average interest charged and 7% subject to the maximum limit of 5.5% for the year 2015-16.
- Further, SHGs will be provided with an additional 3% subvention on the prompt repayment of loans.
- The funding for this subvention will be provided to the State Rural Livelihoods Missions (SRLMs) from the allocation for NRLM.
About National Rural Livelihoods Mission (NRLM)-Aajeevika
- NRLM-Aajeevika was launched by the Union Ministry of Rural Development in June 2011. In November 2015, it was renamed Deen Dayal Antayodaya Yojana (DAY-NRLM).
- The Mission aided by World Bank aims at creating efficient and effective institutional platforms of the rural poor.
- It seeks to enable rural poor (below BPL) to increase household income through sustainable livelihood enhancements and improved access to financial services.
- It is the largest poverty reduction initiative and the largest programme for women in the world with its goal to reach out to nearly 70 million rural households.