Nuclear Biological and Chemical Training Facility Current Affairs - 2020
Indian Navy’s Nuclear, Biological and Chemical Training Facility (NBCTF) at INS Shivaji was inaugurated by Chief of Naval Staff Admiral Sunil Lanba.
- NBCTF Abhedya will help train personnel of naval ships fitted with nuclear, biological and chemical (NBC) detection and protection systems.
- NBCTF Abhedya will provide realistic training to naval personnel in detection, protection against and decontamination of nuclear, biological and chemical agents.
- Abhedya will enhance the training capability of the Navy to deal with dangerous situations on warships, including an attack.
- Abhedya is the maiden NBC simulator of the Indian Navy.
- The facility will help to train personnel in tackling nuclear, biological or chemical attack.
Abhedya means impenetrable in Sanskrit. It symbolizes the protective cover that is provided on Naval ships, which are fitted with nuclear, biological and chemical detection and protection systems.
INS Shivaji is the Indian Navy’s premier technical training facility. INS Shivaji is celebrating 2019-20 as the ‘Platinum Jubilee Year’. The Institute, which was commissioned as HMIS Shivaji in 1945, trains personnel of the Indian Navy, Indian Coast Guard and several friendly foreign countries.
To commemorate the platinum jubilee of INS Shivaji, the Chief of Naval Staff also launched INS Shivaji website on the Indian Navy’s Portal and released the platinum jubilee logo with the theme ‘Propelling the Indian Navy since 1945’.