Nuclear Energy Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
During the visit of Argentine President Mauricio Macri, Argentina has signed a Memorandum of Understanding (MoU) to boost cooperation in the sector of nuclear energy. The MoU signed was signed between the Department of Atomic Energy, India and National Atomic Energy Commission, Argentina.
Features of the MoU
- Argentina has expertise in building small-capacity reactors and it is looking to work with India in some third country in tripartite projects.
- The MoU for cooperation within the framework of Global Center for Nuclear Energy Partnership would bolster institutional linkages in civil nuclear research, development and capacity building.
- The MoU will aid in enhancing and exploring cooperative ventures in the area of nuclear power and its societal uses in health, agriculture, industrial application, training and capacity building.
Nuclear Ties between India and Argentina
In the year 2010 India and Argentina had signed an agreement for cooperation in the peaceful uses of nuclear energy.
INVAP which is an Argentinean Company is working on the Fission Molly Project to build a molybdenum plant in Mumbai. The plant would primarily focus on creating isotopes. Argentina is also an exporter of some nuclear components used in Indian power reactors.
Tags: Argentina • Department of Atomic Energy • India • National Atomic Energy Commission • Nuclear Energy
The Parmanu Tech conference was organised by the Ministry of External Affairs and Department of Atomic Energy (DAE). The keynote address at the ‘Parmanu Tech 2019’ conference was delivered by Dr Jitendra Singh, Minister of State for Atomic Energy and Space.
Highlights of the Speech
The Highlights of the Speech are:
- India has covered a long journey since the inception of Atomic Energy programme by Dr Homi Bhabha based on the peaceful use of nuclear energy.
- India has achieved a unique place in the international community for progress in space technology as well as nuclear energy.
- India has always used technology for constructive use and never for destructive purpose.
- Most of the societal applications of nuclear energy are not much known to the people.
- Focused efforts are required to create awareness about the benefits of nuclear energy and to allay the fears about radiation and its harms.
- Nuclear energy will be a big and cost-effective source of energy in future when the other sources of power are gradually depleting.
Sessions in Parmanu Tech 2019
During the conference sector-specific sessions were held on the following topics:
- Health care: Nuclear Medicine and Radiation therapy – Care to cure.
- Food Preservation, Agricultural & Industrial Applications: From farms to factories – Serving the National Cause.
- Showcasing India’s capabilities in Nuclear Energy: Energy Security with environmental responsibility – the Onward March.
The Parmanu Tech conference is aimed at showcasing the societal applications that the Department of Atomic Energy is pursuing.