Nuclear Test Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The United Nations Security Council (UNSC) unanimously adopted the toughest sanctions ever imposed on North Korea in response to its fourth nuclear test and rocket launch.
In this regard, the 15-member council passed a resolution drafted by the United States and backed by China.
- All countries must inspect cargo in all airports and sea ports destined for and coming from North Korea.
- Ban or severe restrictions on exports of iron and iron ore, coal, gold, titanium and rare earth minerals from North Korea and prohibits the supply.
- Ban on aviation fuel exports to North Korea, including kerosene-type rocket fuel.
- Tightens an arms embargo by banning sales of small arms and bars vessels suspected of carrying illegal goods for North Korea from ports.
- UN member states will expel North Korean diplomats engaged in smuggling or other illegal activities.
- Countries working in North Korea’s financial and banking sector are obliged to freeze assets of companies and other entities linked to its missile and nuclear programmes.