Obitaury Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Emma Morano, the world’s oldest woman has passed away in Italy at the age of 117. She was the last known person born in the 19th century who was still alive. Emma Morano was born on 29 November 1899 in Italy. She held the Guinness World Record titles for the oldest living person and oldest living woman. Morano is five years younger than Jeanne Calment, the 122-year-old person who held the title for being the oldest person ever.
Morano was a solitary person who made her living by working in a factory producing jute sacks. She had been living in her two room apartment for the last 20 years. In her lifetime that spanned three centuries, she has seen two World Wars and more than 90 Italian governments. Morano had admitted that the reason behind her longevity was genetics.
Renowned Malayalam writer Akbar Kakkattil passed away in Kozhikode, Kerala due to cancer. He was 62.
He was known for giving birth to a new genre in Malayalam literature and his works are known for their unique narrative style which has an undertone of unfailing humour.
About Akbar Kakkattil
- Born on 7 July 1954 at Kakkattil in Kozhikode District.
- He had started creative writing career at the age of 14 by publishing short stories in a regular column for children in the leading Malayalam weekly Mathrubhumi.
- His first story Pothichoru was published in 1969 through the weekly. He also had served as a teacher in his career spanning several years.
- He has 54 books to his credit which includes, 27 short stories, 6 collections of essays, 7 novelettes, 4 novels, a play, among others.
- He had served as the Vice-President of the Kerala Sahitya Akademi. He was also member of Malayalam Advisory Panel of National Book Trust (NBT) and Malayalam Advisory Board.
- He also had worked as a member of the South Zone Cultural Centre’s governing body of Union government and Kerala State Institute of Children’s literature.
- Awards and Honours: He has won the prestigious Kerala Sahitiya Akademi award two times in 1992 and 2003.