Obitutary Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Jacob-Farj-Rafael “JFR” Jacob (Retired Lieutenant General), a key architect in India’s victory in 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War passed away in New Delhi. He was 92.
Jacob (then a Major General) is best known for his role in India’s victory in the Indo-Pakistan war of 1971 and the liberation of Bangladesh.
About Jacob-Farj-Rafael “JFR” Jacob
- JFR Jacob was born in 1923 in Calcutta (now Kolkata) in then Bengal Presidency of British India.
- During 1971 Bangladesh Liberation War, he had served as the Chief of Staff of the Indian Army’s Eastern Command during the war.
- During his 36-year career in the army, he also had fought in World War II and the Indo-Pakistan War of 1965. He retired in 1978.
- He had served as Governor of Goa (April 199 to November 1999) and Punjab (1999 to 2003).
- Books: Surrender at Dacca: Birth of a Nation, An Odyssey in War and Peace: An Autobiography Lt Gen. J.F.R. Jacob.
- Awards and Honours: Commendation of Merit, Param Vishisht Seva Medal.
Tags: 1971 India-Pakistan war • Bangladesh Liberation War • Current Affairs 2016 • Indian Army • JFR Jacob
Renowned Kannada filmmaker Kikkeri Shamanna Lakshminarayana Swamy (KSL Swamy) passed away in Bengaluru, Karnataka. He was 77.
He was popularly known Ravee and was also Kannada film producer, actor and playback singer.
About K.S.L Swamy
- Swamy was born in 1938 in Kikkeri in then Mysore Kingdom of British India.
- He had started his cinematic journey as an assistant director to legendary filmmakers such as G.V. Iyer and M.R. Vittal.
- Swamy made his directorial debut with Kannada film Thoogudeepa in 1966. In his 49-year celluloid career, he had directed as many as 37 films.
- His directed films such as Gandhinagara (1968) and Bhagya Jyothi (1975) and Malaya Marutha (1986) were successful hits.
- Awards: His is film Jamboo Savari (1989) had won the National Award for the Best Children Film. He is also recipient of Padma Bhushan (2013) and B. Saroja Devi National Award (2013).