Observences Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Every year in India 5th September is being observed as National Teachers Day.
Significance of Day: This day commemorates the birthday of India’s first Vice President and second President Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan.
This year’s celebration: On occasion of National Teachers Day, Prime Minister Narendra Modi releasesed commemorative coins of 125 rupees and 10 rupees denomination in honour of former President S Radhakrishnan.
About Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan
- Dr Sarvepalli Radhakrishnan was born on 5 September 1888 in Thiruttani in then Madras Presidency of British India.
- He was an Indian philosopher and statesman and one the best known scholars in the field of comparative religion and philosophy in India in the 20th century.
- He had tremendously contributed towards the new contemporary Hindu identity in the eyes of the ill-informed Westeners.
- He held great respect for teachers and always believed that teachers are real nation builders and thus should always be the best minds in the country.
- Important Posts: First Vice President of India (in office from 1952–1962), Second President of India (in office from 1962 to 1967).
- Awards: He was honoured with Bharat Ratna (1954), British Royal Order of Merit (1963) etc.
Note: He was first recipient Bharat Ratna, India’s highest civilian award along with politician C. Rajagopalachari, scientist C. V. Raman.