Odisha Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs has approved the construction of another 560,695 more affordable houses for the benefit of urban poor under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban). The approval was given by the Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee under the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs. The details of the projects approved are listed below:
- Total of 1,243 projects with a project cost of Rs 33,873 crore with central assistance of Rs 8,404 crore has been approved.
- The approval of 560,695 more houses takes the cumulative number of houses sanctioned under PMAY(U) to 79,04,674.
State wise Allocation
- Uttar Pradesh: 179,215
- Andhra Pradesh: 110,618
- Maharashtra: 101,220
- Karnataka: 48,729
- Madhya Pradesh: 26,587
- Gujarat: 25,861
- Manipur: 13,715
- Tamil Nadu: 12,174
- Bihar: 10,084
- Odisha: 7,472
- Chhattisgarh: 7,067
- Kerala: 4,194
- Haryana: 4,019
- Rajasthan 3,601
- Jharkhand 2,165
- Assam: 1,419
- Meghalaya: 1,397
- Puducherry: 1,158
The allocation is part of the government’s commitment to ensure housing for all by 2022.
Tags: Affordable Housing • Andhra Pradesh • Assam • Bihar • Chhattisgarh • Gujarat • Haryana • Jharkhand • Karnataka • Kerala • Madhya Pradesh • Maharashtra • Manipur • Meghalaya • Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs • Odisha • PMAY(U) • Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban • Puducherry • Rajasthan • Tamil Nadu • Uttar Pradesh
The government of Odisha has launched the KALIA Chhatra Bruti scholarship for the children of farmers. The Scholarship is under the KALIA, Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation, a scheme for financing farmers in Odisha.
Eligibility for the Scholarship
- Students should be the children of KALIA beneficiaries
- They should be studying in government professional colleges on merit.
The government has launched the ‘KALIA Chhatra Bruti’ programme so that the children of the farmers excel in the future.
Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation
Krushak Assistance for Livelihood and Income Augmentation (KALIA) is a support scheme of Odisha whose primary targets are small farmers, cultivators and landless agricultural labourers. The features of the scheme are:
- Under the Scheme, Odisha would spend Rs 10,180 crore over three years until 2020-21 in providing financial assistance to cultivators and landless agricultural labourers benefitting 92% of the cultivators in the state and including every category from big farmers to landless cultivators.
- The government would provide Rs 10,000 per family as assistance for cultivation, Rs 5,000 each in the Kharif and Rabi seasons, for five cropping seasons between 2018-19 and 2021-22.
- The financial assistance under the scheme is not linked to the quantum of land owned.
- The scheme also targets landless households, specifically SC and ST families; They will be supported with a unit cost of Rs 12,500 for activities like goat rearing, mushroom cultivation, beekeeping, poultry farming and fishery.
- The Scheme also provides a life insurance cover of Rs 2 lakh and additional personal accident coverage of the same amount for 57 lakh households.
- The Scheme also proposes interest-free crop loans up to Rs 50,000.
KALIA scheme was introduced by the government of Odisha as an alternative to the demand of farm loan waiver. KALIA scheme strives to target rural activities as a whole by supporting farming on a small scale, sharecropping, fishing and animal herding which doesn’t get covered under loan waiver schemes.