Oil and Gas Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Niti Ayog in association with the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) organized the first workshop on the development of the India Energy Modelling Forum (IEMF). The workshop was organized under the Sustainable Growth Pillar of the India-U.S. Strategic Energy Partnership.
India Energy Modelling Forum
- IEMF is envisaged as a pan-stakeholder platform for debating ideas, scenario-planning & discussing India’s energy future.
- IEMF seeks to provide a platform for leading experts and policymakers to study important energy and environmental issues and ensure the induction of modelling and analysis in the informed decision-making process.
- IEMF aims to improve cooperation and coordination between modelling teams, the Government of India, knowledge partners and think-tanks, build the capacity of Indian institutions, and identify issues for joint modelling activities and future areas of research.
The workshop featured eight expert sessions which saw discussions around the various aspects of setting up an India-centric energy modelling platform and was attended by various central government ministries and agencies.
India-U.S. Strategic Energy Partnership
India-U.S. Strategic Energy Partnership affirms the strategic importance of energy cooperation to the U.S.-India bilateral relationship and sets the stage for deeper and more meaningful engagements through government and industry channels.
Under the Strategic Partnership, the United States and India will pursue four primary pillars of cooperation:
- Oil and Gas
- Power and Energy Efficiency
- Renewable Energy and Sustainable Growth
The Strategic Energy Partnership elevates the role of energy in advancing shared goals, including universal energy access, strengthened energy security and increased energy efficiency.
Tags: Coal • India Energy Modelling Forum • India-U.S. Strategic Energy Partnership • Niti Ayog • Oil and Gas • Power and Energy Efficiency • Renewable Energy and Sustainable Growth • United States Agency for International Development • USAID
India and Israel have signed nine agreements to boost cooperation in the areas of space, cyber security and oil and gas between both countries.
The agreements were signed following delegation-level talks headed by Prime Ministers Narendra Modi and his Israeli counterpart Benjamin Netanyahu in New Delhi. Netanyahu is first Israeli Prime Minister to visit India in span of last 15 years and second one overall. Ariel Sharon was first and only Israeli Prime Minister to visit India in 2003.
List of agreement signed
- Agreement on Film-co-production.
- Protocol on Amendments to Air Transport Agreement
- MoU on Cyber Security Cooperation between India and Israel
- Memorandum of Intent (MoI) between Invest India and Invest in Israel
- Medical Centre on Cooperation in field of Research in Homeopathic Medicine
- Letter of Intent (LoU) between IOCL and Phinergy Ltd. For cooperation in area of metal-air batteries
- MoU between the Ministry of Petroleum and Natural Gas and the Ministry of Energy on Cooperation inOil and Gas Sector
- LoI between IOCL and Yeda Research and Development Co Ltd for cooperation in the area of concentrated solar thermal technologies
- MoU between Central Council for Research in Homeopathy, Ministry of AYUSH and Centre for Integrative Complementary Medicine, Shaare Zedek
- MoU between Indian Institute of Space Science and Technology (IIST) and Technion- Israel Institute of Technology for cooperation in field of space.