Ooralungal Labour Contract Cooperative Society Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Kerala Legislative Assembly recently announced an initiative to digitize all its records and proceedings under its ambitious project called E-Vidhan which enables state legislature to go fully digital and completely paperless.
- Time: The first phase of digitization project is expected to be completed in next 14 months. But for functioning of library and all departments attached to Assembly to go completely paperless, it would take around two years.
- Project Execution: Earlier, the state government sought Central governments aid to execute the project but it is now being executed by the state-owned fund. The mammoth work of digitizing has been awarded to Cyberpark, which is run by Ooralungal Labour Contract Cooperative Society.
- Once the project is completed, all the Assembly proceedings like submission of notice by a member, question and answers, and all the other correspondence and business concerning the Assembly will go paperless.
- Significance: The state Assembly handles hundreds of various Bills, notices and committee reports which demands massive paperwork. With this digitization project the assembly will completely get rid of paper in all its business transactions.
- Benefits: It is expected that if Kerala Assembly shifts completely into e-space it will save time as well as printing costs of about Rs.35 crore to Rs.49 crore annually.
- The e-Vidhan in State Legislatures and e-Sansad in Parliament are mission mode projects under Digital India. The aim is to digitize and make their functioning paperless which means make both Parliament and state legislature documents, including speeches, committee reports, questions and debates available on internet.
- This will make their functioning transparent, responsive, productive, more accountable and participative to public.
Tags: Cyberpark • Digital India • Digitization Initiative • e-Sansad • e-Vidhan • Go Green • Kerala Legislative Assembly • Ooralungal Labour Contract Cooperative Society • Paperless Initiative • Parliament • State Legislatures