PARAM-ISHAN Current Affairs
The Union Human Resource Development (HRD) Minister Prakash Javadekar has inaugurated the super computer PARAM ISHAN at IIT Guwahati campus.
PARAM ISHAN is the fastest and most powerful computer in North East, Eastern and Southern region of India outside Bengaluru (Karnataka).
Key features of PARAM ISHAN
- PARAM ISHAN has been jointly developed by IIT Guwahati and C -DAC (Centre for Development of Advanced Computing).
- It has a peak computing power of 250 Teraflops and three hundred tera bites capacity.
- It will help to augment the research initiatives and also in creating an ecosystem for attracting right talents to the field of research.
- Potential applications: It can be used research initiatives such as computational chemistry, computational electromagnetic, computational fluid dynamics, civil engineering structures, nana-block self-assemble, optimization etc.
- It can be also used for Weather, climate modeling and seismic data processing.