Patty Duke Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Acclaimed Actor and singer Patty Duke passed away due to Sepsis from a ruptured intestine. She was 69.
She had won Academy award (Oscar) in 1963 at the age of 16 for her portrayal of deaf blind political activist Helen Keller in The Miracle worker.
About Patty Duke
- Born as Anna Marie Duke on December 14, 1946 in Elmhurst, New York, US.
- She had started her acting career as a child and her first major role came in 1959, when she portrayed the blind and deaf Keller on Broadway.
- She also was known for roles in Valley of the Dolls, My Sweet Charlie and Me, Natalie.
- She was also known for TV show The Patty Duke which aired more than 100 episodes from 1963 to 1966.
- In 1982, she was diagnosed with mental illness i.e. with bipolar disorder. Later she devoted much of her time to advocating for and educating the public on mental health issues
- She had served as president of the Screen Actors Guild from 1985 to 1988.