PDS Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
On October 2, 2019, the Chattisgarh government launches 5 new schemes. They include
- Mukhyamantri Suposhan Abhiyan
- Mukhyamantri Haat Bazaar Clinic Yojana
- Mukhyamatri Shahariya Slum Swasthya Yojana
- Universal PDS Scheme
- Mukhyamantri Ward Karyalaya
Key features of the schemes
- Under Mukhyamantri Suposhan Abhiyan, the CM Nutrition Scheme that was started in June 2019 fresh nutritious food will be provided to malnourished children and anemic women. The mission is to be achieved through panchayats and self – help groups
- Under the Muhyamantri Sahariya Slum Swasthya Yojana a mobile medical team will cater to the health needs of more than 7 lakh people.
- Under Mukhyamantri Haat Baxaar Clinic Yojana, a mobile team of doctors and nurses with necessary equipment will visit local haat – bazaars to provide health facilities to tribal and forest areas.
- Under Mukhyamantri Ward Karyalayas, citizen services and facilities will be provided immediately to city people
- Under Universal PDS (Public Distribution System) scheme, the general category families are eligible for food grains. Families with more than 3 members will receive 35kg of rice per month, family of 2 will receive 20kg rice per month and single member will be eligible to get 10 kg of rice per month.
Tags: Chattisgarh • Mukhyamantri Suposhan Abhiyan • PDS • Public Distribution System • Schemes
Union Government has decided to prepare detailed roadmap for nationwide distribution of fortified rice through ration shops. Instructions also have been given to Department of Food and Public Distribution to implement distribution fortified rice. Decision in this regard was taken in meeting between Union Food minister Ram Vilas Paswan reviewed and NITI Aayog vice chairman Rajiv Kumar for reviewing progress of rice distribution
Pilot Scheme: Fortification of Rice and its Distribution under Public Distribution System
Union Government (Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food and Public Distribution) in February 2019 had approved centre-sponsored pilot scheme on “Fortification of Rice and its Distribution under Public Distribution System”. This Pilot Scheme was approved for period of three year beginning 2019-20.
Under this scheme rice is fortified with Iron, Vitamin B-12 and Folic Acid. Currently, it focuses on 15 districts preferably 1 district per State during initial phase of implementation. The operational responsibility for implementation of this pilot scheme is of states which fortifies rice for distribution through Public Distribution System (PDS).