Places in News Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Trial run of Lucknow Metro train was flagged off by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. He also dedicated the Metro Train Depot to the public.
The solo trial run of the metro was undertaken by two young women pilots Prachi Sharma and Priyanka Sharma .
The trail run of the first phase of metro project covers around four kms between Transport Nagar and Single Nagar Metro stations.
- The first phase of Lucknow metro project, famously known as North South corridor connects Lucknow airport to Munshipulia.
- This phase of metro project was undertaken by Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC), a joint project of UP Government and Union Government
- It has a total length of 23 Kms and covers 21 stations of which eight are elevated. It will be open to public from 26th March 2017 after 3 months of rigorous trial.
- Metro man E Sreedharan has been the principal advisor of LMRC. Previously, he has successfully handled many mega projects like Kolkata Metro, Delhi Metro and Konkan Railways.
Asia’s first and longest cycle highway was inaugurated in Uttar Pradesh. It is also India’s first cycle highway.
The 207-km-long cycle highway runs between Etawah and Agra. It was inaugurated by state Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav.
- The cycle highway has been constructed by the UP public works department. It runs parallel to the main highway.
- It is about 7-feet-wide and is separated by a divider from main highway which ensures the safety of cyclists.
- The track begins from the lion safari in Etawah. Along its path it dots 92 villages across the two districts. It criss-crosses the natural beauty of the Chambal and Yamuna rivers
- On its way it has tourist destinations like Naugava ka Quila, Raja Bhoj ki Haveli, and Bateshwarnath Temple.