Places in News Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Hailakandi district of Assam has become the first district to pay wages to tea garden workers through individual bank accounts.
It completed this task before the December 15, 2016 deadline set by the state government for cashless transactions of salary payments to the plantation workers.
- At least 504 workers of Burnie Braes tea estate received their wages through bank accounts.
- The payment was made through five Banking Correspondents (CSPs) of Assam Gramin Vikash Bank.
- Such payments were possible due to the effort bankers, tea garden managements and mobile service providers.
Following demonetisation of old high value 500 Rupees and 1000 Rupees currency notes, Assam government had set December 15, 2016 as the deadline for cashless transactions to tea plantation workers.
Tags: Assam • Cashless Economy • Hailakandi • Places in News • Tea plantations
The Trial run of Lucknow Metro train was flagged off by Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav. He also dedicated the Metro Train Depot to the public.
The solo trial run of the metro was undertaken by two young women pilots Prachi Sharma and Priyanka Sharma .
The trail run of the first phase of metro project covers around four kms between Transport Nagar and Single Nagar Metro stations.
- The first phase of Lucknow metro project, famously known as North South corridor connects Lucknow airport to Munshipulia.
- This phase of metro project was undertaken by Lucknow Metro Rail Corporation (LMRC), a joint project of UP Government and Union Government
- It has a total length of 23 Kms and covers 21 stations of which eight are elevated. It will be open to public from 26th March 2017 after 3 months of rigorous trial.
- Metro man E Sreedharan has been the principal advisor of LMRC. Previously, he has successfully handled many mega projects like Kolkata Metro, Delhi Metro and Konkan Railways.
Tags: Akhilesh Yadav • Lucknow Metro • National • Places in News • Public Transportation