Pm Modi Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
PM Modi is on an official visit to Thailand to attend the ASEAN, RCEP and East Asia Summits. He addressed the Indian diaspora in the country at the “Sawasdee PM Modi” event in the Thai capital, Bangkok.
Highlights of his address
- North East India to be the gateway to South East Asia as a part of India’s Act East Policy
- India announced itself open-defecation free on Mahatma Gandhi’s 150th birth anniversary
- Around 8 crore homes have received free LPG connections in 3 years.
- GoI is working to achieve the goal of house for every poor by 2022, when India celebrates 75 years of independence.
- Princess Maha Chakri Srindhorn is an expert in Sanskrit language and has deep interest towards culture. India has shown its gratitude to her by bestowing the Padma Bhushan and Sanskrit Samman award to her.
Prior to his speech, the PM released a commemorative coin marking 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev and also released the Thai translation of Tamil classic Tirukkural.
Tags: 550th birth anniversary of Baba Guru Nanak • ASEAN • commemorative coin • East Asia Summit • India-Thailand
Around 17 agreements were signed between India and Germany in the fields of agriculture, ayurveda, yoga, maritime technology and others. German Chancellor Angela Merkel along with her team, signed the agreements with PM Modi and his cabinet. The German team led by the Chancellor is on a two-day visit to India.
Highlights: Artificial Intelligence
- Agreements were signed to strengthen the fields of Artificial Intelligence. The countries are to use the AI to focus on Health, Environment, Mobility and Agriculture.
- The DST (Department of Science and Technology) and the German Federal Ministry of Education will organize a bilateral workshop in Berlin in 2020. This will help to identify areas of mutual interest.
- The first stakeholder meeting in the area of AI for health was conducted in Berlin and the countries agreed to conduct the next meeting in India.
- The countries will focus AI in Agriculture in following terms
- The aim is to increase efficiency and to save resources, reduce food loses and waste
- Both the ministries will establish open training data sets for AI application that will also address legal issues.
Highlights: Digital Transformation
- The countries recalled the Joint Declaration in the field of Digitization-Empowerment and Economic Impact that was signed in May 2017 in Berlin.
- The countries are to set up “Digital Experts Group” to identify areas of mutual cooperation and give recommendations to future policy.
- The countries agreed to create linkages between German Platform Industries 4.0 and upcoming CII Smart Manufacturing Platform
- They also agreed to consult each other in identifying best possible approaches on cyber security