Pm Modi Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Around 17 agreements were signed between India and Germany in the fields of agriculture, ayurveda, yoga, maritime technology and others. German Chancellor Angela Merkel along with her team, signed the agreements with PM Modi and his cabinet. The German team led by the Chancellor is on a two-day visit to India.
Highlights: Artificial Intelligence
- Agreements were signed to strengthen the fields of Artificial Intelligence. The countries are to use the AI to focus on Health, Environment, Mobility and Agriculture.
- The DST (Department of Science and Technology) and the German Federal Ministry of Education will organize a bilateral workshop in Berlin in 2020. This will help to identify areas of mutual interest.
- The first stakeholder meeting in the area of AI for health was conducted in Berlin and the countries agreed to conduct the next meeting in India.
- The countries will focus AI in Agriculture in following terms
- The aim is to increase efficiency and to save resources, reduce food loses and waste
- Both the ministries will establish open training data sets for AI application that will also address legal issues.
Highlights: Digital Transformation
- The countries recalled the Joint Declaration in the field of Digitization-Empowerment and Economic Impact that was signed in May 2017 in Berlin.
- The countries are to set up “Digital Experts Group” to identify areas of mutual cooperation and give recommendations to future policy.
- The countries agreed to create linkages between German Platform Industries 4.0 and upcoming CII Smart Manufacturing Platform
- They also agreed to consult each other in identifying best possible approaches on cyber security
Tags: Artificial Intelligence • bilateral agreement • cyber security • German Chancellor • India-Germany
PM Modi will embark a three-day visit to Thailand to participate in the ASEAN, East Asia and RCEP summits. In 2018, India had hosted the Indo-ASEAN summit commemorating its 25th anniversary, where all the 10 ASEAN leaders participated. Later the Delhi Declaration was adopted where the leaders agreed to further strengthen and deepen ASEAN-India strategic partnership.
- The Prime Minister is to co-chair the summit on the first day
- He will release a commemorative coin marking the 550th birth anniversary of Guru Nanak Dev
- He will also release the Thai translation of classic Tirukkural
- PM will also co-chair the ASEAN-India summit along with Thailand PM Prayut Chan-o-cha
Highlights: East Asia Summit
- The theme of the East Asia summit was chosen by Thailand and the theme is “Advancing Partnerships for sustainability”. In September 2019, India co-hosted the India-ASEAN workshop on the theme “Sustainable use of marine resources”
- This year, in 2019, the 14th East Asia summit is to focus on reviewing the future direction of East Asia cooperation and exchange views on regional and international issues
- The leaders of RCEP will discuss and review the state of negotiations that are ongoing in Bangkok.