POCSO e-box Current Affairs
The Union Ministry of Women and Child Development has launched Protection of Children from Sexual Offenses (POCSO) e-box, in New Delhi.
It was launched by the Union Minister for Women and Child Development Maneka Gandhi in New Delhi.
- POCSO e-box is an online complaint management system for easy and direct reporting of sexual offences against children and timely action against offenders under POCSO Act, 2012.
- It is an initiative of National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR), for Direct online Reporting of Child Sexual Abuse.
- The e-Box is incorporated in the home page of National Commission for Protection of Child Rights (NCPCR) website http://ncpcr.gov.in/.
- The user can lodge a complaint by pressing the arrow on this page which navigates to another page where he/ she has to select at least one picture option (describing the category of harassment).
- User also needs to fill the form with details such as e-mail, mobile number and description of the harassment in order register complaint.