Power Ministry Current Affairs
The Union Power Ministry is going to launch new mobile application GARV-II to provide real time data of all six lakh villages of the country.
The purpose of the mobile application is to ensure transparency in implementation of rural electrification programme.
- GARV-II mobile app has incorporated village-wise; habitation-wise base line data on household electrification for all states.
- It also has mapped village-wise works sanctioned under Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Gram Jyoti Yojana (DDUGJY) to monitor progress of works in each village.
- It also incorporates the status of release of funds to the states for electrification projects sanctioned under DDUGJY.
- GARV-II allows peoples participation for rural electrification work. It opens rural electrification work to public scrutiny and input about rural electrification programme
- It also has a citizen engagement window ‘SAMVAD’ to enhance participation. It automatically forwards feedback and suggestions of people to the concerned authorities through SMS & Email.
- It aims to ensure electricity access to all households as government has already electrified over 11,000 villages out of 18,452 un-electrified villages.
The earlier version of GARV mobile application was only providing data about rural electrification regarding 18,452 un-electrified villages. The GARV-II will provide real time data of all six lakh villages of the country in real time.