Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs has approved the construction of another 560,695 more affordable houses for the benefit of urban poor under Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban). The approval was given by the Central Sanctioning and Monitoring Committee under the Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs. The details of the projects approved are listed below:
- Total of 1,243 projects with a project cost of Rs 33,873 crore with central assistance of Rs 8,404 crore has been approved.
- The approval of 560,695 more houses takes the cumulative number of houses sanctioned under PMAY(U) to 79,04,674.
State wise Allocation
- Uttar Pradesh: 179,215
- Andhra Pradesh: 110,618
- Maharashtra: 101,220
- Karnataka: 48,729
- Madhya Pradesh: 26,587
- Gujarat: 25,861
- Manipur: 13,715
- Tamil Nadu: 12,174
- Bihar: 10,084
- Odisha: 7,472
- Chhattisgarh: 7,067
- Kerala: 4,194
- Haryana: 4,019
- Rajasthan 3,601
- Jharkhand 2,165
- Assam: 1,419
- Meghalaya: 1,397
- Puducherry: 1,158
The allocation is part of the government’s commitment to ensure housing for all by 2022.
Tags: Affordable Housing • Andhra Pradesh • Assam • Bihar • Chhattisgarh • Gujarat • Haryana • Jharkhand • Karnataka • Kerala • Madhya Pradesh • Maharashtra • Manipur • Meghalaya • Ministry of Housing & Urban Affairs • Odisha • PMAY(U) • Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana-Urban • Puducherry • Rajasthan • Tamil Nadu • Uttar Pradesh
The Union Minister of Housing and Urban affairs Hardeep Singh Puri launched the Global Housing Technology Challenge. The challenge is undertaken under the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (PMAY-U).
Features of the Global Housing Technology Challenge
The features of the Global Housing Technology Challenge (GHTC) are:
- GHTC aims to fast-track the construction of affordable housing and meet the target of constructing 1.2 crore houses by 2022.
- GHTC focuses on identifying and mainstreaming proven demonstrable technologies for lighthouse projects and spotting potential future technologies for incubation and acceleration support through ASHA (Affordable Sustainable Housing Accelerators) — India.
- To enable adoption of construction techniques for housing that are affordable and takes minimum time as less as three months instead of the conventional three years for construction.
- Bring a paradigm shift in technology transition using large-scale construction under the PMAY-U as an opportunity to get the best available construction technologies across the globe.
Under GHTC, a grand expo-cum-conference on GHTC will be organised in March, wherein stakeholders will showcase their best technologies to build houses. This will provide builders plethora of technological innovations to choose from, for timely delivery of projects.
Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana Urban (PMAY-U)
The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) Mission has been undertaken by the Ministry of Housing and Urban Poverty Alleviation (MoHUPA). The Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana (Urban) Mission seeks to address the housing requirement of urban poor including slum dwellers through following programme components:
- In-situ Rehabilitation of existing slum dwellers using land as a resource through private participation.
- Credit Linked Subsidy.
- Affordable Housing in Partnership.
- Subsidy for Beneficiary-led individual house construction/enhancement.
Of these components, Credit linked subsidy is implemented as a Central Sector Scheme while other three components will be implemented as Centrally Sponsored Schemes (CSS).