Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana Current Affairs
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Union Ministry of Chemicals & Fertilizers has launched ‘Suvidha’, a 100% Oxo-biodegradable Sanitary Napkin, under Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP). It was launched by Union Minister for Chemicals & Fertilizers and Parliamentary Affairs Ananthkumar on the occasion of International Woman’s day.
The affordable Suvidha sanitary napkins will be available for Rs. 2.50 per pad at over 3200 Janaushadhi Kendras across India. It was launched under government’s vision of providing Affordable and Quality Healthcare for All. It will ensure ‘Swachhta, Swasthya and Suvidha’ for underprivileged women. It will ensure affordability, hygiene as well as ease of use and disposal of sanitary napkins.
SUVIDHA napkin has special additive added in it, which makes it biodegradable when it reacts with oxygen after it is used and discarded. It will go long way in making basic hygiene requirement aid for women affordable especially for the underprivileged sections. It will be physically available at all Janaushadhi Kendras in country by World Menstrual Hygiene Day (May 28, 2018).
According to National Family Health Survey (NHFS) 2015-16, about 58% of women aged between 15 to 24 years use locally prepared napkins, sanitary napkins and tampons. Further, only 48% women in rural areas have access to clean sanitary napkins and about 78% women in urban areas use hygienic methods of protection during menstrual period. The use unhygienic aids during menstrual period due to non-affordability of some of branded of sanitary napkins causes fungal infections, Urinary Tract Infection, Reproductive Tract Infection, Cervical cancer and also make women vulnerable to infertility. Moreover, the disposal of non-biodegradable sanitary napkins creates a huge environmental problem.
Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana (PMBJP)
The scheme was launched by Department of Pharmaceuticalsto provide quality medicines at affordable prices to masses through special kendra’s known as PMBJP. These special kendras provide generic drugs, which are available at lesser prices but are equivalent in quality and efficacy as expensive branded drugs.
- Making quality medicines available at affordable prices for all, particularly the poor and disadvantaged, through exclusive outlets Jan Aushadhi Medical Store.
- Reduce out of pocket expenses in healthcare by bringing down healthcare budget of every citizen through providing Quality generic Medicines at Affordable Prices.
- Create awareness among public regarding generic medicines.
- Create demand for generic medicines through medical practioners.
- Provide all commonly used generic medicines covering all therapeutic groups.
- Provide all related health care products too under the scheme.
- Create awareness through education and awareness program that high price need not be synonymous with high quality.
Tags: Government Schemes • Menstrual Hygiene • Ministry of Chemicals and Fertilizers • Oxo-biodegradable Sanitary Napkin • Pradhan Mantri Bhartiya Janaushadhi Pariyojana • Suvidha Napkins • Women Empowerment • Women Related Issues