Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana Current Affairs - 2020
The Union Minister for Tribal Affairs, Arjun Munda launched “GOAL Programme”. GOAL Programme is Going Online As Leaders. The programme has been launched in partnership with Facebook.
The programme is being launched to provide mentorship to the tribal youth in digital mode. This will act as catalyst to bring out more hidden talents of tribal youth. Also, it will help in their personal development.
The programme will help to empower more than 5,000 tribal youths. The programme has been framed with long term missions. It will help to develop the potential of tribal youth and women. Also, it helps them acquire knowledge and skills through mentorship in food processing, horticulture, bee keeping, medicinal herbs, etc.
The Ministry has also opened a portal called goal.tribal.gov.in to invite applications from aspiring candidates. The mentors and mentees have to register on the portal that will be open between May and July, 2020.
About the Programme
The programme will focus on three areas such as Life skills, digital literacy and Leadership and Entrepreneurship on sectors such as agriculture, handicrafts and textiles, art and culture, nutrition, etc.
Along with the programme, GoI is planning to merge Start Up India, Mudra Yojana, Kaushal Vikas Yojana, Jan Dhan Yojana. This will help increase the beneficiaries. Also, it will fast track the reach of the programme. It will also help to extend the programme to other areas other than sports.
Tags: GOAL Programme • Indian Youth • MUDRA bank • Pradhan Mantri Jan Dhan Yojana (PMJDY) • Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
The Group of Ministers Committee formed under the leadership of Social Justice and Empowerment Minister recently submitted its draft proposals on employment and skill development.
The following proposals were made by the draft
- The draft has proposed “The Land Pooling Model”. The model is being used in greenfield airports. The proposal suggests to use the model in agriculture to enable corporatization. This will increase the demand for skilled labours
- Also, the draft suggests to merge MNREGA (Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act) along with the skill development programmes. This will expand MNREGA to industries and MSMEs. By this cost of wages shall be made competitive creating local employment wave.
- It suggests the Reserve Bank of India to cut reverse repo rate to 0%. This when done for a few months will incentivize banks.
- A National Electronic Employment Exchange has been proposed. This will help the migrated workers at larger extent. It also suggests to establish a Migrant Worker Welfare Fund.
- It suggests to provide cottage industry status to the food processing industries that are spread all over the country.
Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana
The draft has suggested to enroll every migrant worker under the programme. This will help him get access to cashless medical facilities. It is to be noted that the Pradhan Mantri Jan Arogya Yojana has been involved in the COVID-19 fight.
Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana
The proposal has suggested to leverage the potential of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana. This will help create a balance between the farming and non-farming activities.