Praful Bidwai Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
Veteran journalist, author, political analyst and anti-nuclear activist Praful Bidwai passed away in Amsterdam, Netherlands. He was 64.
He died due to cardiac arrest after he had choked on his food.
About Praful Bidwai
- Praful Bidwai was born in Nagpur, Maharashtra in 1949.
- He was a regular contributor to numerous magazines and newspapers like Hindustan Times, Frontline, The Nation (New York), The Guardian (London), Le Monde Diplomatique (Paris), and Il Manifesto (Rome).
- Bidwai had written number of books including the ‘1999 New Nukes: India, Pakistan and Global Nuclear Disarmament’, The Politics of Climate Change and the Global Crisis: Mortgaging Our Future (2012). His latest book on the crisis in the Indian Left was due to be released later in 2015.
- He had worked as a senior editor for the Times of India. Later he became a freelance commentator, writer for publications in India and abroad.
- Bidwai had served as a Professorial Fellow at the Centre for Social Development in New Delhi, and also as a Senior Fellow at the Nehru Memorial Museum and Library.
- He also had served as a member of the Indian Council for Social Science Research (ICSSR), Central Advisory Board on Education (CABE), and National Book Trust (NBT).
- Awards: He is recipent of the Sean MacBride International Peace Prize (2000) given by Geneva and London based International Peace Bureau, one of the world’s oldest peace organisations.