Prakash Javdekar Current Affairs - 2020
On June 5, 2020, the Environment Minister Prakash Javadekar launched the “Nagar Van” scheme. The scheme was launched to mark the Environment Day.
The scheme emphasises on urban forestry. Under the scheme, around 200 urban forests are to be developed all over the country in next five years.
Also, a film was played that narrated about the initiatives of Punaikars along with the Department of Forests. The film also iterated the fact that 16.8 hectares of barren hill has now been converted into green forests. Today the forest is rich in biodiversity. It has 23 plant species, 15 butterfly species, 29 bird species, 10 reptiles. The forest now helps in maintaining ecological balance. This Warje Urban forest will act as a role model for the rest of the country
India has 8% of world biodiversity with only 2.5% of world land mass. It should also carry 16% of humans and cattle as well. Also, the fresh water availability in the second most populous country in the world is just 4%.
Tags: Biodiversity • Government Schemes • Green Urban Areas • Ministry of Environment Forests and Climate Change • nagar van
Union Cabinet Ministers and Ministers of State who assumed office following expansion of Council of Ministers and changes in portfolios are
- Venkaiah Naidu: Ministry of Information & Broadcasting
- Ananth Kumar: Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs
- Prakash Javdekar: Ministry of Human Resource Development
- Ravi Shankar Prasad: Ministry of Law & Justice
- Narendra Singh Tomar: Ministry of Rural Development Ministry
- Smriti Zubin Irani: Ministry of Textiles
Ministers of State
- Vijay Goel: Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports (Independent Charge)
- Piyush Goyal: Ministry of Mines (Independent Charge)
- Anil Madhav Dave: Ministry of Environment, Forest and Climate Change (Independent Charge).
- Santosh Kumar Gangwar: Ministry of Finance
- Faggan Singh Kulaste: Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- S. Ahluwalia: Ministry of Parliamentary Affairs
- Ramdas Athawale: Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment
- Rajen Gohain: Ministry of Railways
- Jayant Sinha: Ministry of Civil Aviation
- Arjun Ram Meghwal: Ministry of Finance and Corporate Affairs
- Mahendra Nath Pandey: Ministry of Human Resource Development
- Ajay Tamta: Ministry of Textiles
- Anupriya Patel: Ministry of Health & Family Welfare
- R. Chaudhary: Ministry of Consumer Affairs, Food & Public Distribution
- P. Chaudhary: Ministry of Law & Justice