Pranab Mukherjee Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
India and Jordan have signed six Memoranda of Understanding (MoU) in various fields.
These MoUs were signed in presence of Jordanian Prime Minister Abdullah Ensour and Indian President Pranab Mukherjee in Amman.
Jordan was first leg of President Pranab Mukherjee’s official three Middle East nations tour to Jordan, Palestine and Israel.
The agreements signed are
- MoU on executive programme for cultural exchange between the Jordanian and Indian governments.
- MoU on Communication and Information Technology to cooperate in the field of ICT and electronics fields.
- MoU between Jordan News Agency Petra and the Press Trust of India (PTI).
- MoU on Maritime Transport Sector.
- MoU between Jordan Institute of Diplomacy and Indian Foreign Service Institute (IFSI).
- MoU between Indian Metrological Department (IMD) and Jordan Standards and Metrology Organisation to cooperate in assessment techniques.
President Pranab Mukherjee also inaugurated a street named after Mahatma Gandhi in Amman and planted an Olive tree in peace park. Jordan has fully assured support to India’s candidature in the expanded United Nations Security Council (UNSC). Both countries also assured to enhance their cooperation in counter-terrorism and defence.
Tags: Current Affairs 2016 • India-International Relations • India-Jordan • Middle-East • Pranab Mukherjee
President Pranab Mukherjee has appointed Governor of Meghalaya V. Shanmuganathan to discharge the functions of the Governor of Manipur.
He was given additional charge of Manipur after previous Governor Dr. Syed Ahmed passed away. Thus he will discharge additional functions of the Governor of Manipur along with his own duties, until regular arrangements are made.
V Shanmuganthan is a prolific writer and had written three books related to culture and social aspects in Tamil.
He was member of Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh (RSS) and had joined it in 1962. Later he had joined Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) where he had served in many party positions.
He was appointed as Governor of Meghalaya in May 2015 succeeding Keshari Nath Tripathi.
It should be noted that Article 153 of Constitution says that there shall be Governor for each state. But the 7th Constitutional Amendment Act, 1956 has facilitated the appointment of the same person as a governor for two or more states.
Tags: Current Affairs 2016 • Governors • Manipur • Meghalaya • Pranab Mukherjee