Pranab Mukherjee Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
President Pranab Mukherjee conferred the National Florence Nightingale Awards to 35 nursing personnel from across the country on the occasion of International Nurses Day.
The National Florence Nightingale Awards were presented at a function held at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
About National Florence Nightingale Award
- The Florence Nightingale Award was established by the Union Health Ministry to honour the selfless services rendered by Nurses with devotion, sincerity, dedication and compassion.
- The Award is given to the outstanding nursing personnel employed in Central, State/UTs.
- Nurses working in Government, Voluntary Organizations, Mission institutions and private institutions can apply with due recommendation of concerned State Government.
- The Award carries 50,000 rupees cash award, a certificate, a citation certificate and a medal.
May 12: International Nurses Day
The award is named after Florence Nightingale, founder of modern nursing. She was born on May 12, 1820 and the day is celebrated as International Nurses Day all over the world.
President Pranab Mukherjee has appointed Mr. Arvind Saxena as Member of Union Public Service Commission (UPSC).
The tenure of Mr. Saxena will commence from the date he enters upon the office till he attains age of 65 years. (As per Article 315, the Chairman and members of UPSC has term of six years or until he attains the age of 65 years, whichever is earlier).
With this appointment Mr. Saxena became first officer from Research and Analysis Wing (RAW) to become member of UPSC.
Prior to this appointment he was Director and Ex-officio Special Secretary, Aviation Research Centre (ARC) of India’s external snooping agency RAW.
Now only one vacancy is present multimember constitutional body UPSC which comprised of 10 members besides a Chairperson.
Mr. Arvind Saxena is an RAS officer of 1978 batch.
About Aviation Research Centre (ARC)
- The ARC carries out aerial surveillance of India’s borders using its unmanned aerial vehicles (UAVs) and other aircraft including MIGs and helicopters.
- ARC also has the responsibility with Indian Air-Force (IAF) to transport Special Frontier Force commandos.