Pranab Mukherjee Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The President of India, Pranab Mukherjee has launched a mobile Application ‘Selfie with Daughter’ at Rashtrapati Bhavan. The App is aimed at raising awareness among people about female foeticide and sex selection. The President has urged the people to take selfies with their daughters to make the campaign a huge success. The app is expected to create awareness and help in dealing with the problems arising out of gender imbalance. The President has termed the App as an innovative concept and as an act of gentle persuasion.
The ‘Selfie with Daughter’ campaign was started in village Bibipur, Jind, Haryana by a former Sarpanch Sunil Jaglan in June 2015. The aim of the ‘Selfie with Daughter’campaign is to motivate society to feel proud to be parents of a girl child which in turn is expected to have a positive impact in improving the child sex ratio.
The campaign has attracted many celebrities including Sachin Tendulkar who has joined the campaign on social media. The campaign was termed as an international movement by Prime Minister Narendra Modi at the time of his meeting with Silicon Valley CEOs in the US.
President Pranab Mukherjee launched a ‘100 Million for 100 Million’ Campaign at Rashtrapati Bhavan.
The campaign was conceptualized by Nobel peace prize winner Kailash Satyarthi and was organized by the Kailash Satyarthi Children’s Foundation.
- The campaign aims to mobilise 100 million youth and children for 100 million underprivileged children across the world.
- Its prime objective is to end child labour, child slavery, violence against children over the next 5 years.
- It also seeks to promote the right of every child to be safe, free, and educated.
- It will strive to inspire 100 million children to speak and act for the numerous other unfortunate children living in terrible conditions to build a child-friendly world.
Laureates and Leaders for Children Summit
- The launch of the campaign also brought curtains to the two-day ‘Laureates and Leaders for Children Summit’ held at Rashtrapati Bhavan in New Delhi.
- This summit had brought together collective leadership of around 25 Nobel laureates and leaders on a single platform for creating a child-friendly world.
- It even had channelized world leaders, thinkers, representatives of UN, award winning youth/child leaders and eminent persons from academia, business, cinema, sports and civil society.