Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
President Ram Nath Kovind conferred Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards 2019 to 30 awardees. The awards were conferred during the Pravasi Bharatiya Divas being held at Varanasi.
The winner of this prestigious award includes Gita Gopinath chief economist of IMF, Nihal Singh Agar, founding president of VHP in Australia and Ramesh Chotai, former president of Hindu Mandir and Cultural Centre in Canada.
Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards
Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards is the highest honour conferred on overseas Indians. The awards are conferred on a Non-Resident Indian, Person of Indian Origin or an organization or institution established and run by the Non-Resident Indians or Persons of Indian Origin, who has made a significant contribution in any one of the following fields:
- Better understanding about India abroad;
- Support to India’s causes and concerns in a tangible way;
- Building closer links between India, the overseas Indian community and their country of residence;
- Social and humanitarian causes in India or abroad;
- Welfare of the local Indian community;
- Philanthropic and charitable work;
- Eminence in one’s field or outstanding work, which has enhanced India’s prestige in the country of residence; or
- Eminence in skills which has enhanced India’s prestige in that country (for non-professional workers).
Usually, the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards are conferred by President during the Pravasi Bharatiya Samman Awards.