President Trump Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The United States Department of Justice has released the special counsel Robert Mueller’s report. The report looks into alleged Russian collusion in the 2016 Presidential elections which saw incumbent US President Donald Trump rise to power.
What did the Mueller Report Say?
The report titled “Report on the Investigation into Russian Interference in the 2016 Presidential Election” makes the following observations:
- The Report says that it was unable to clear US President Donald Trump in the matter, stating that the President’s action and intent “present difficult issues that prevent us from conclusively determining that no criminal conduct occurred.
- President Trump’s campaign team knew they would benefit from Russia’s illegal actions to influence the action, but did not take criminal steps to help.
- The report states that the Russian government-sponsored efforts to illegally interfere with the 2016 presidential election, but did not find that the Trump campaign or other Americans colluded in those schemes.
The report has stated that Mueller declined to subpoena the President because it would “delay” the investigation.
Tags: Mueller Report • President Trump • Russia • USA
President Donald Trump has vetoed the resolution from the US Congress which directed him to end U.S. support for the civil war in Yemen.
Why the President has vetoed the Congress Resolution?
President trump has stated the following reasons for vetoing the US Congress resolution:
- Yemen is at a breaking point as 10 million people on the brink of famine. There are more than 100 civilian casualties per week, and Yemenis are more likely to be killed at home than in any other structure.
- U.S. support for the war between the Saudi-backed Yemeni government and Iran-aligned Houthi rebels was necessary to protect the safety of the more than 80,000 Americans who reside in certain coalition countries.
President Trump has called the resolution as an unnecessary and a dangerous attempt to weaken his constitutional authorities. He further stressed that the resolution endangers the lives of American citizens and brave service members, both today and in the future.
It was the second veto during his presidency, earlier he had vetoed a congressional resolution which was aimed to reverse the border emergency President Trump had declared in order to secure more funding for his wall between the United States and Mexico.