Prevention of Atrocities Current Affairs - 2019
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
The Scheduled Castes and the Scheduled Tribes (Prevention of Atrocities) Amendment Act, 2015 came into force from 26th January 2016.
Earlier President Pranab Mukherjee had given his assent to the bill after it was passed by the Parliament in the winter session in December 2015.
- The amended Act has more stringent provisions for prevention of atrocities against Scheduled Castes (SCs) and the Scheduled Tribes (STs).
- The amended law include new offences like tonsuring of head or similar acts which are derogatory to the dignity of SCs and STs.
- It also includes garlanding with chappals, abusing in caste name, using or permitting manual scavenging, imposing social or economic boycott.
- It also has provisions for establishment of Exclusive Special Courts for the expeditious disposal of cases.
- The new law also defines wilful negligence and dereliction of duty of public servants at all levels provision and specify duties of public servants.
For more information: Click here