Prime Ministers of India Narendra Modi Current Affairs - 2020
Prime Minister Narendra Modi launched $4.2 million redevelopment project of 200-year-old Shreenathji or Lord Sri Krishna temple in Manama, capital of Bahrain, during his two-day visit to Gulf nation. This is 1st ever visit by an Indian Prime Minister to Bahrain.
PM Modi unveiled the plaque in temple premises, thus officially launching redevelopment project of iconic temple. The redevelopment for Shreenathji (Shree Krishna) temple in Manama will kick off in late 2019.
The $4.2 million redevelopment project announced will be on a piece of land measuring 16,500 square feet and new 4-floor structure covering 45,000 square feet will have an overall height of 30 meters.
The renovated structure of temple will have a knowledge centre and a museum.
Significance: The redevelopment undertaken will highlight the heritage and 200-year-old legacy of temple as well as the new iconic complex will also house sanctum sanctorum and prayer halls. Facilities for traditional Hindu marriage ceremonies and other rituals will be there which will help promote Bahrain as a wedding destination and boosting tourism.
About Shreenathji Temple
This Sri Krishna Temple located in Manama is the oldest temple in region.
It is estimated to have been established around 1817. It was built by Thathai Bhatia Hindu community, and is still being managed by them.
Tags: Bahrain • Gulf nation • Manama • oldest temple in gulf region • Prime Ministers of India Narendra Modi
India and Bangladesh will jointly produce a feature movie on life and works of Bangabandhu Sheikh Mujibur Rahman (founding father of People’s Republic of Bangladesh) and also a documentary on Bangladesh Liberation War (1971). India’s state broadcaster Prasar Bharati will co-produce the film.
- The decision was taken after Bangladeshi delegation led by Dr. Gowher Rizvi (adviser to Prime Minister of Bangladesh) recently met secretary and other officials of Information & Broadcasting Ministry and focussed on various aspects of making of feature film.
- The announcement is a culmination of three-year dialogue between India and Bangladesh on the issue. Earlier, decision of co-production was announced by Prime Ministers of India Narendra Modi and of Bangladesh Prime Ministers Sheikh Hasina.
- The movie announcement comes in backdrop of raging debate on National Register of Citizens (NRC) in northeast which seeks to disenfranchise Bangladeshi migrants.
- Movie on Sheikh Mujibur Rahman will be directed by renowned filmmaker Shyam Benegal and script will be written by Atul Tiwari.
- Bangladeshi Delegation assured full cooperation in ensuring smooth logistics for shooting movie in Bangladesh.
- For documentary on Bangladesh Liberation War (1971) it was mutually agreed that director would be from Bangladesh and he will be assisted by a co-director from India.
- Other decisions: Prasar Bharati agreed to carry Bangladesh TV on DD Free Dish platform without charging carriage fees (i.e. free of cost.). In a reciprocal gesture, delegation from Bangladesh announced that a Doordarshan channel will be adopted on the about to launched DTH platform of Bangladesh. A working agreement on cooperation between All India Radio (India’s national public radio broadcaster) and Bangladesh Betar (state-owned radio broadcasting organisation of Bangladesh) was also agreed upon between the two countries starting from next month.