Princess Suriratna Current Affairs - 2020
Category Wise PDF Compilations available at This Link
During the visit of Prime Minister Narendra Modi to South Korea seven agreements were signed to boost up the cooperation. The agreements signed include:
- MoU was signed between the Korean National Police Agency and the Ministry of Home Affairs to enhance cooperation between the law enforcement agencies of the two countries and combat trans-border and international crimes.
- A joint agreement was signed for releasing a joint stamp, commemorating Princess Suriratna (Queen Hur Hwang-ok), a legendary Princess of Ayodhya, who went to Korea in AD 48 and married King Kim-Suro.
- An agreement was signed to continue operations of Korea Plus organisation that facilitates investments by Korean companies in India. Korea Plus operationalised in June 2016 comprises representatives from the Ministry of Industry, Trade and Energy of South Korea, Korea Trade-Investment and Promotion Agency (KOTRA) and Invest India.
- An agreement to promote collaboration among start-ups and set up a Korea Start-up Centre (KSC) in India to commercialise ideas, technologies and designs of start-up companies.
- An agreement between the Korean Broadcasting System (KBS) and Prasar Bharti to facilitate the broadcast of DD India Channel in South Korea and KBS World Channel in India.
- An agreement on fisheries and aquaculture for strengthening cooperation by encouraging exchanges, organising training workshops and development and utilisation of marine science and technology in the fields of fisheries and aquaculture.
- An agreement between the National Highways Authority of India and Korea Expressway Corporation to promote bilateral cooperation in road and transport infrastructure development projects of India, and facilitate technical and institutional knowledge exchange in the field of road and transport.
This was the second visit of Prime Minister Modi to the Republic of Korea since 2015 and it was a second summit meeting with the South Korean president.
Tags: India • Korea Expressway Corporation • Korea Plus organisation • Korea Start-up Centre • Korean Broadcasting System
India and South Korea have signed a Memorandum of Understanding for strengthening cooperation in the field of Tourism. The MoU was signed between Union Ministry of Tourism and South Korea’s Ministry of Culture, Sports and Tourism in New Delhi. It was signed during official four-day visit of First Lady of South Korea Kim Jung-sook (wife of incumbent South Korean President Moon Jae-in) to India. First Lady Kim is Chief Guest at Deepotsav event organized by Uttar Pradesh Government in Ayodhya and at ceremony of inaugurating new Memorial of Queen Suriratna (Heo Hwang-ok) in Ayodhya.
Ayodhya and Korea have historical connections. It is believed that lAyodhya’s egendary Princess Suriratna had traveled to Korea in 48 CE and married Korean King Suro.
South Korea is one of the leading tourists generating market for India from East Asia region. Foreign Tourist Arrivals (FTAs) from South Republic in 2017 were 1, 42, 383 and during January- September were 1, 08,901. The signing of this MoU will be instrumental in increasing tourist arrivals to India from this source market.
It will expand bilateral cooperation in tourism sector, increase exchange of information and data related to tourism and encourage cooperation between tourism stakeholders including Hotels and Tour Operators. It will also encourage Investment in the Tourism and Hospitality sectors and promote safe, honorable and sustainable tourism
Tags: Art and Culture • Ayodhya • Deepotsav • India-South Korea • Memorial of Queen Suriratna